Here is a selection of research papers that are representative of the work done by CPG members. (For more details on our work, see the individtual homepages linked to on our People page.)
- Tim Groeling. 2013. “Media Bias by the Numbers: Challenges and Opportunities in the Empirical Study of Partisan News,” Annual Review of Political Science.
- You Ha, Kunwoo Park, Su Jung Kim, Jungseock Joo, and Meeyoung Cha. 2020. “Automatically Detecting Image-Text Mismatch on Instagram with Deep Learning,” Journal of Advertising.
- Georgia Kernell, PJ Lamberson, and John Zaller. 2018. “Market Demand for Civic Affairs News,” Political Communication.
- Georgia Kernell, and Kevin Mullinex. 2018. “Winners, Losers, and Perceptions of Vote (Mis)Counting,” International Journal of Public Opinion Research.
- PJ Lamberson and Stuart Soroka. 2018. “A Model of Attentiveness to Outlying News,” Journal of Communication.
- Xiaofeng Lin, Georgia Kernell, Tim Groeling, Jungseock Joo, Jun Luo and Zachary Steinert-Threlkeld. 2021. “Mask Mandates Work, Especially in Republican Counties,” SSRN.
- Guadalupe Madrigal and Stuart Soroka. 2021. “Migrants, Caravans, and the Impact of News Photos on Immigration Attitudes,” International Journal of Press/Politics.
- Stuart Soroka and Mia Carbone. 2022. “Gatekeeping, Technology, and Polarization,” Oxford Research Encyclopedia.